My Lash Secret – Lash Extensions or Lash Serum?
*this post contains affiliate links which do not cost you any more to use. I make a small commission when you use my link and I thank you because it allows me to continue to share what I love with you.
Let’s face it, we all love our lashes and want them to be full, long and luscious! If there is one thing that we remember to take with us on a trip or throw on before we head out the door, it’s our mascara! Am I right???
The question is, how much time, effort and money do you want to devote to your lashes?
Let’s talk about the two hottest lash trends…
Lash Extensions vs. Lash Serum
When lash extensions first came out, I was like, “NO WAY!” For one, when I heard the cost, I was out! But, if I added in the need for lash fills (more money and time) and the need to take care of them (brush them, use special cleansers and types of mascara), I was really out! I would just stick to my tried and true lash routine – eyelash curler, lash primer and mascara.
Well, after a few years of seeing them everywhere, seeing how amazing they looked on friend and hearing about how much she loved them, I caved and decided to get them for my birthday present. I am always up for trying new things and if I hated them, I didn’t have to keep them. Okay, so I fell in love instantly! They looked amazing! And, they looked amazing when I wore makeup, but the best part is they looked amazing when I had no makeup on! My face looked put-together when I crawled out of bed – that’s a miracle! When you are a busy Mom that needs to get the kids off to school, that’s a huge bonus!
I really loved the lash extensions, so much so that I kept them on for about a year and half. But… yes it comes with a big but! It was definitely a love-hate relationship! Here is the lash extension low down from my personal experience. Let’s just say that that pro’s definitely don’t out way the cons.
- They look amazing!!! (for about 5 or 6 days and then fall out starts)
- You always look put-together – even when you have no makeup on, you look great!
- Great for vacations – no need to worry about wearing makeup.
- Expensive – $150-$200 on average for initial set
- Need for fills every 2-3 weeks – $55-$75 on average
- Time for fills – 1 hour to 1 ½ hours every 2 to 3 weeks
- Short lifespan of looking amazing – once fall out starts, they don’t look so amazing anymore
- Need to be careful when washing face – super gentle around those lashes
- Need to use special facial wash and makeup remover – no oils
- Can’t use waterproof mascara
- You should not sleep on your side as this will cause your lashes to prematurely fall out due to the friction of your lashes with the pillow.
- They ruin your real eyelashes
- When you are done you need to get them removed or you need let them naturally fall out and go through an awkward lash look for several weeks.
I got to the point were I was over getting them done (done finding the time and spending the money), but I felt stuck! I knew my lashes were trashed due to the extensions which left me with little nubbins! So, I kept getting the fills. Then I noticed another friend’s gorgeous, long lashes! And, she shared with me her amazing discovery and what she was using! She started using a lash serum and her lashes were so long and beautiful! I immediately jumped onto Amazon and bought it and since then I now purchase directly via the website and you can get 20% off code EVERYDAYHOLLY – Babe Lash Lash Serum and let me tell you, it’s the best!
At this point, I still had my lash extensions on and I decided to start applying the Babe Lash once a day per the directions to help give my real lashes a jump start, because it takes 30 days for the lash serum to start working. I let my lash extensions fall out naturally, which was cheap and easy. In about 30 days, I had long, luscious lashes. Switching from lash extensions to Babe Lash was the best decision ever!
Here’s a picture of my lash results from Babe Lash:
- Easy to use – apply once a day and takes seconds
- Inexpensive compared to lash extensions – for the price of one fill, you have a 6 month supply of serum
- No time needed for fills
- Looks amazing everyday
- You can use whatever beauty products you want
- You can rub your eyes and wash them normally
- You can sleep however you want
- You can use it on your thinning brows to promote hair growth
- You will need to take mascara on vacation – okay, I couldn’t really find a downside, but I had to put something!
So, if you have lash extensions and want out – Babe Lash is your solution! OR, if you have never had lash extensions and would love long, gorgeous lashes, give Babe Lash a try!
Yes, there are other lash serums out there and I have heard great things about the ones listed below. I chose to go with Babe Lash, because I saw the results of Babe Lash with my own eyes and it’s less expensive than the others on the market.
Here is a lash serum price comparison:
Babe Lash – Save 20% code EVERYDAYHOLLY – about a 2 -3 month supply with the 2ml ounce and 6 month supply with the 4ml.
Latisse – available through your doctor – $120 for a one month supply
Rodan and Fields Lash Boost – non-consultant price – $150 plus $11.95 s/h for 2 -3 month supply. If you sign up to be a Rodan and Fields consultant it’s $112 plus $9.95 s/h for 2 -3 month supply
I would love to hear your thoughts about lash extensions and lash serum! Everyone has their own opinions and experiences and we are all here to share! Please share in the comments below! The more we know, the more we grow!
LOVE the new blog! Congratulations!!! It looks beautiful and is structured so nicely. I just ordered Babe Lash! Can’t wait to try it out and get these lashes a growin!!! Have you tried the mascara too?? They had it on Amazon as a set but I just got the serum.
Thank you so much Corbie! I appreciate you support and feedback! 🙂 Yay, So happy you ordered the Babe Lash! I can’t wait to see your luscious lashes!
Great reviews on both products! Would love to try the lash serums. Thanks for sharing ♥️ ♥️ By any chance you are interested on doing collaborations, you can check out the collaborations portal of Phlanx.com and connect with amazing brands!
Thank you so much! I will check it out! 🙂